Google Fluency Tutor
Helping busy teachers bring struggling readers and ELL students up to speed.
Fluency Tutor for Google is a leveled reading and assessment app that makes it easy for teachers to listen to students read, and provide meaningful feeback over time. Teachers can choose from nearly 500 reading passages to start, or create their own. Students can practice reading on their own, and use built-in support tools like text-to-speech, talking and picture dictionaries, and a translator when they run into trouble. Fluency Tutor is great for any student learning to read in additon to older students who may struggle or speak English as a second language. Fluency Tutor can be utilized on Macs, PCs, and Chromebooks using the Chrome web browser and syncs with Google Classroom/Drive.
Making time for reading
Great for time-stretched teachers, Fluency Tutor helps students of all ages and ability levels become more avid, engaged and confident readers. What’s more, it gives educators a clear picture of every child’s reading attainment and progress over time.
This easy-to-use app lets students record themselves reading aloud on their laptop, Chromebook or tablet, away from the stress and embarrassment of reading in a classroom environment.
Help at every stage
Fluency Tutor frees up busy teachers to focus on other classroom tasks, while giving every young person’s reading a boost. It’s a big help for students at every stage of their reading journey, including:
- Emerging readers who require short, Lexile-leveled passages to help build their reading foundation
- Shy, struggling and reluctant readers who are self-conscious about reading aloud
- English Language Learners grappling with unfamiliar words
- Confident readers who actively seek content most relevant to their interests
- Kids with dyslexia who need extra support and special interventions
Ideal for schools using G Suite for Education, this friendly Chrome app integrates seamlessly with Google Drive and Classroom. And since it works with any online content, it's the perfect complement to other existing teaching strategies.
License per student device
|Texthelp Fluency Tutor 10-50 Seats||$89.00|
|Texthelp Fluency Tutor 51-200 Seats||$84.00|
|Texthelp Fluency Tutor 201+ Seats||$79.00|
How it works
Pick any content, any time. Teachers can select any web page or browse a library of over 500 pre-selected reading passages based on content, lexile level or reading age. Students can also create their own passages from websites containing content they enjoy reading. Assigned passages can be edited as needed and then shared with individual students or groups via Google Drive or Google Classroom.
Students can rehearse and record their reading in a relaxed environment at school or at home, with extra help provided by a dictionary, picture dictionary and translation tools.
Teachers can listen to students’ recordings wherever and whenever it's convenient, giving quick feedback or a more in-depth assessment of reading progress. By collecting data over time, Fluency Tutor for Google helps teachers build a clear picture of each student's progress throughout the school year.
- Makes reading aloud fun and satisfying for readers of all ages, abilities and grade levels
- Saves time for busy teachers, allowing them to focus on other classroom tasks
- Encourages students to practice reading aloud at their own pace without direct supervision in a relaxed environment, at school or at home
- Simple, friendly and seamless: one easy-to-use app for teachers and students
- Allows reluctant students to freely choose their own reading content
- Frees teachers to listen to each student's reading progress wherever and whenever it suits them best
- Give students extra help with text-to-speech, dictionary, picture dictionary and translate tool
- Great for early readers, and individuals learning English as a second language (ESL)
- Integrates seamlessly with G Suite for Education, Google Drive and Classroom
- Plays nicely on any device: Chrome browser app for PCs, Macs and Chromebooks
- Friendly dashboard interface for teachers and students
- Teachers can pick from pre-selected library of over 500 leveled reading passages, based on content, lexile level or reading age
- Teachers can also create reading passages from existing curriculum materials or online sources
- Students can pick their own reading passages that interest them – great for reluctant readers
- Share passages with individual students, or with the entire class using Google Classroom 'share' button
- Passages appear in student's Google Drive
- Students can record their own assigned reading passages whenever and wherever it suits them
- Extra help with text-to-speech, dictionary, picture dictionary and translate tools
- Quick Score gives immediate feedback to students without the need for full assessment